Tuesday, March 24, 2020

What Kobe Bryant Meant to me...

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, shoes and basketball courtHey basketball fans! I am guessing by now everyone, basketball fans and not fans of basketball know what has happened to the legend Kobe Bryant. But for those of you who don't know, Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash January 26, 2020. This might be a little bit late, but I would rather do this now then never.

Kobe Bryant meant a lot to a lot of people. Kobe was the Jordan of the 1990s. He meant everything to me. He just seemed like he was immortal and was gonna be alive and well forever. Kobe was not my favorite player on the court. But I became a fan of Kobe after he was done playing. After he was done playing, he knew what he wanted to do. He was a children's author. He was a inspiration to me and everyone who heard about him. He was loyal to the team who traded for him before he even proved himself.

Kobe was the only player who people even compared or put in the same category as Jordan. He was just that electric. So many NBA players would not be as motivated if they did not have Kobe's example set for them. Without Kobe playing basketball, there would be so many less players in the NBA.

When Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 and when Devin Booker scored 70, they both held up a piece of paper that said 100 and 70 to show and remember that they did that. But when Kobe scored 81 points he was super calm. It was like he knew he was going to put up 81 before the game even started. Kobe was just that guy. He just went out on the court and played his game.

Kobe Bryant believed that he was the G.O.A.T many people believe that he is. But I just think that he was Kobe. He was just the person who inspired me along with so many people to be a better person and work as hard as I possibly could.

Kobe along with being a great basketball player was also a great family guy. The only reason he got the helicopter was because he needed to find a way to be a great family guy and be able to work out. He got a helicopter to make most of his travelling trips between 10 to 15 minutes.

So yeah, that is what Kobe Bryant meant to me. This might seem like a very unlikely blog post. It has been on my mind for awhile now. I don't want to earn any money from this. I just wanted to let ya'll know Kobe meant a lot to me and to a lot of other people. So, thank you for reading this blog post and I will talk to you later! Bye!

2 comments: